Courtesy of Lemon Ninja’s Mommy
2 packets yeast
3-4 Tablespoons organic sugar
1/2 cup organic expeller pressed canola oil
2 cups of warm filtered water
6 cups non GMO white spelt flour, or your preferred grain of flour
- Mix yeast, sugar, water and oil in a large bowl. Let stand for about 10 minutes in a warm place.
- Add flour, and stir til incorporated and smooth. When working with spelt it is important not to overwork the dough.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap. Let rise until doubled.
- Place parchment paper on two large baking sheets. Sprinkle a handful of flour on surface of dough, then take half of the dough and stretch it into a flat rectangular or oblong shape, about 1 or 2 inches thick. Do the same on the other baking sheet with remaining dough.
- Let rise for 20 minutes in a warm spot. Preheat oven to 385 degrees.
- Bake at 385 for 20 minutes, or until nicely golden.
- Cool on wire rack.
Notes: Makes 2 loaves, and works great for ciabatta dressing.